The National Association of REALTORS® has required that all REALTORS® must complete an approved Code of Ethics training every four years. The new quadrennial period began January 1, 2009, and ends December 31, 2012. Failure to fulfill this requirement by December 31, 2012, will result in automatic suspension of membership and MLS services! To reinstate, you will have to complete the course and pay a $150 reinstatement fee.
- You can view the Continuing Education courses you have taken with WRAR by logging onto Internet Member Services, scrolling down to Other Online Services, clicking REALTOR® Records, Education Info and Education tracking. You may also visit the commission's website CLICK HERE.
- If your records indicate you have taken the Code of Ethics class since January 1, 2009 you can relax until it's time to take the class again.
- If your records indicate you have not taken the Code of Ethics class since January 1, 2009 and you do not remember that you have taken the Code of Ethics class with another CE sponsor, you may visit the commission’s website CLICK HERE. If your records with the commission indicate you have taken the ethics class with another CE sponsor, you MUST contact the sponsor directly and obtain the completion certificate and fax to 762-9860, attention Lois to ensure that our records reflect accordingly.
- If you are unable to provide proof that you have taken the Code of Ethics class since January 1, 2009, you will need to take a Code of Ethics class and provide proof of certificate of completion to your local Association before December 31, 2012. If you take a CE course through another CE sponsor, please check with your Association to see if the course will count toward your required ethics course and please be sure to fax a copy of your completion certificate to Lois 762-9860.
- There are several options in which to fulfill the Code of Ethics requirement:
- You may take the 2 ½ hr NAR Code of Ethics training by clicking this link (Code of Ethics Course). The NC Real Estate Commission will not give you CE elective course credit.
- Attend the The Code, The Law, and You ethics class through WRAR. You will also receive four (4) hours elective continuing education. CLICK HERE or check your broker briefing for scheduled classes. Cost is $39.
- Take the on-line continuing education course, with Deborah Long, through www.wrar.com; click On-line Elective Courses - ETHIC PROGRAMS
- Complete a four-hour continuing education elective course listed below.
|Ethics in Today’s Real Estate World||2811|
|Ethics for the Commercial Agent||2466|
|For the Good of All: REALTOR® Code of Ethics||2504|
|For Your Own Good: Ethics for Real Estate Professionals||2673|
|Professional Ethics: It’s the Right Thing To Do||2479|
|Keeping Right in Sight||2619|