WILMINGTON, N.C. (August 21, 2014) – In support of its growing vision to proactively engage local homeowners, its members and the community in legislative and political issues, the WRAR has hired Evan McMillan as its Community Affairs Director.
McMillan will be responsible for growing a grassroots capacity-building network that mobilizes WRAR’s members throughout the New Hanover and Pender County area, while also directing events, deploying social media, managing databases, and building community partnerships.
WILMINGTON, N.C. (August 20, 2014) – The Wilmington Regional Association of Realtors (WRAR) recently received a $1,000 placemaking micro-grant from the National Association of Realtors to help make the Wilmington community a better place to live and work by transforming public spaces into more vibrant community places.
The grant is intended to help Realtor Associations partner with others to plan, organize, implement and maintain placemaking activities in their communities. Last week, Realtors (pictured here & below) used this grant to help the City of Wilmington with its Municipal Golf Course Renovation Project.
Your Local Real Estate Market Analysis
By Jody Wainio, SFR, WHS
2014 President, Wilmington Regional Association of Realtors
WILMINGTON, N.C. (July 21, 2014) – When analyzing ten major zip codes in our region – 28403, 28405, 28409, 28411, 28412, 28451, 28480, 28428, 28449, and 28443 – an average of the zip codes shows for the second quarter of 2014:
- Our average sales price has increased by 5.7% from Second Quarter 2013
- Of the 1,346 sellers in 2nd Quarter 2014 – 34.7% paid some sort of concession toward the purchase of the house.
- Our list to sales price ratio for 2nd Quarter 2014 is 96.23% a decrease from 96.36% for 2nd Quarter 2013.
- The average list price of the sold properties is $281,314 and is up 6.2% from 2nd Quarter 2013.
- The average number of days a property remained on the market for the 2nd Quarter 2014 was 124 days, compared to 127 days for 2nd Quarter 2013.
- The median sold price of $224,900 for 2nd Quarter 2014 has increased 9.7% from 2nd Quarter 2013.